Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 20, 2011

Yippie, it is the first day of Spring and I could not be happier.
I have decided to revamp my garden, after much begging my husband decided to let me have the entire 250 square feet behind the garage.  Before I go any further with this blog I have to say this, I Love My Husband, kisses Crispy!!
Ok, back to the blog.  Oh, joy!!  I have decided to go hog wild on my little hidden space.  Here are some before and after pics...no, I am not done yet.  :)  This my friends, is just the beginning!!


This is a shot of "Before"


And this is a shot of "After"


Here is another "After shot"

Here is another

 

I added an arbor and quite a few flowering plants.  The jasmine smells soooo good combined with the Grapefruit tree.  The entire back corner smells lovely.  I threw down some Cedar mulch (9 bags) and added some potato bags.  I used burlap for two of the potato bags as you can see above.  Here is a picture of the other potato bags that I am using.


I love the fact that I can undo the flap at the bottom and just reach right in to grab the taters.  Very convenient.

This is what I have in my raised beds:
Radishes
Spinach
Carrots
Onions
Green Beans
Sweet Peas
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Roma Tomatoes
Green Peppers (to be shipped from Gurney's within the next two weeks)

This is what I have in containers:
Cucumber
Cabbage
Spinach
Roma Tomatoes
Potatoes
Grapefruit Tree
Lime Tree
Blueberry Bush
Mediterranean Olive Tree (In transit from Gurney's-Supposed to be here Thursday)

I have wildflowers, peonys, hostas, and quite honestly I can't remember what else coming soon.

Let's face it folks I will plant just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment